Yesterday NewsCred put on their third annual Content Marketing Summit. When launched in 2013 the conference had a mere 150 attendees. The conference yesterday was attended by over 2500 people in addition the the thousands who joined in via the free live stream. The event’s hashtag #ThinkContent hit #1 trending in New York City and was the 5th highest trending topic Nationwide. There were many gems shared about marketing and leveraging content appropriately throughout the day but in case you missed it, here are my top ten takeaways from the summit.
1. Connect with your audience by telling stories that matter.
— Twila (@findingpeace) May 14, 2015
2. Create content that YOUR AUDIENCE wants (not what you want.)
3. Quality content wins over mere quantity.
— AcornDigitalStrategy (@AcornStrategy) May 14, 2015
4. Videos are taking over content wise.
5. Customize your metrics and be in it for the long haul.
Measuring the impact of content marketing is a marathon not a sprint. Customize your metrics based on your goals and KPIs. #ThinkContent
— Maggie Mastrogiacomo (@mastrocw) May 14, 2015
6. Be authentic and original.
7. Give your audience the power and relate to their passions.
Captivating content honors the individual, celebrates their passions and gives THEM the power. Stop intruding, start inviting. #ThinkContent
— Madison Jones (@MadisonJonesHR) May 14, 2015
8. When you make a mistake tackle it head on.
9. Creating conversations is the best way to have your content shared.
— Lynne LaCascia (@lynnelac) May 14, 2015
10. Be inclusive. No one likes to feel like an outsider.